Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"The Scream"


Hello this is my fourth post, and I am going to talk to you about the piece of art called "The Scream". It was done by an artist named Edvard Munch, many argue that it is his best and most well known piece. I will talk to you about how it relates to Emotionalism (what emotions it brings to the piece), Formalism (how balanced the page is), and Imitationalisim (how realistic it is). An interesting fact about The Scream is, it was originally painted on a sheet of cardboard!

Emotionally the Scream emits a frightening, melting experience. It is a very turbulent painting with its short and violent brush strokes, the short brush strokes are more dominant in the ocean. it is very successful in the sense of Emotionalisim.

Formally it is a very even painting, and very active and features all of the principals of art. It includes space, texture, line, value, colour, shape and form. The Scream is very successful in the sense of Formalism.

Imitation wise, the Scream is a surreal painting, not a realistic one. While people who believe that all art should be hyper realistic, The Scream is not for them. The Scream is an excellent piece of surrealism.

Thank you very much for reading this, I will see you all soon!

5 comments:

Rocker_Girly said...

Hey thanks commenting on my article! I love it when i get comments. I love the picture you chose, its wicked. Good article too.

Katie

Payal said...

Hey!
I like the picture you used for your article.
Whos this?
-Payal

BurnItDown said...

its stephen

little boy said...

steven whats up your blog is tight keep it up ballen

Anonymous said...

I like the painting you used, but one thing, Stephen, I know this was assigned to you by your teacher. You need to make it look like it was something you just wanted to do.