Tuesday, September 30, 2008


In cyberarts our teacher asked us to create a piece that used a chess piece in it, I didn't really want to do the same thing as everyone else, so I chose a rook to draw, it took me a while, and a lot of drafts, but I was finished. I first added the rook, then I added the mountains, and then I added the flaming rocks. Then I added the men, and lastly, I added the shadows. This piece is called "the rook always dies" I am very happy with it. The assignment was originally about creating movement in the piece, and a touch of value. I believe that the flaming rocks create some movement, they create movement by drawing the viewer's eye to the rook, then as soon as your eyes leave the rook the wavy mountains channel your eye back to the rook, and as soon as you look back at the picture your eye is drawn to the advancing army. The rook and the army have a good amount of value. I believe that my piece is very successful in those senses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The rook and the army have a good amount of senses?" What does that mean? "I beleive that my peice is very successful in those senses?"
What senses would those be, hmm? I like the drawing, but does it have any particular meaning? At all? It looks like the armageddon of the boardgame world.