Friday, November 7, 2008



for our Cyberarts class we were tasked to ceate a logo for an imaginary company. We were supposed to create a logo, and a typeface that represented our company. The company I chose was “Razorz Edge Comicz”. Razorz Edge is a very brash, sleek and a bit dangerous. I chose the colours in my typographic logo to be red and black because to me, red emits a tense, raging feeling, and black emits a sleek, cool feeling.

I chose the font “DREAD” because “R.E.C ltd” specializes in dark, gothic comics and artwork. The logo I made incorporates every principal of design except for value, but because it’s supposed to be a 2D logo I think it doesn’t have much relevance. I changed the letters in the logo to incorporate the sharp, “razor” feel to the words. The logo seems to me that it emits a tense, piercing feeling.

I believe my logo is a good one, the type is legible, the actual look of the logo is very distinct, the logo does differentiate my comics from other industries, it’s appropriate for a comic company, it describes the company’s personality, it has a graphic impact, it has balance and unity, it has a good positive and negative relationship, it is a memorable logo, it works well in black and white, and it works well when enlarged and reduced. I really believe that my typographic solution is the best out of the other two. I hope you like my logo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Stephen. Personally, I think your logo is a good one. But the description could use some work. First of all "Razorz edge is a very brash, sleek and bit dangerous" What does that mean, are you talking about your company or a razor blade? Also I'm not entirely sure you described the feeling that black emits. But, hey! All that aside, it's very well done.

Anonymous said...

Hey, hate to be a bother, but could you post something new? You used to be obsessed with this blog, now it seems like you don't really care.

Anonymous said...

geez, that's terrible grammar. Black and red is a good colour combination, but sleek and cool are not words that describe feelings. profread your posts before you post them.